If you’ve been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence (or even if you aren’t sure there was negligence!), Lyding Personal Injury understands that you are probably feeling overwhelmed and unsure about what steps you should take next. We know that the thought of hiring a personal injury lawyer can be daunting, but please understand that we are here to advocate for you and what’s right. You may be considering just trying to settle the case on your own, or just trusting the insurance process, thinking you don’t really need to hire a personal injury attorney. However, if you’re in the Phoenix area, hiring an experienced attorney who specializes in handling personal injury cases, like Mike Lyding, can be an invaluable asset during this stressful, emotional time.
Why You Should Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
There are truly countless reasons to hire a personal injury lawyer when you’ve been involved in an accident due to recklessness, but here are our Top 5 Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer:
- You Shouldn’t Have to Worry About the Details. Following an accident, you should only be focused on your recovery and getting well! And often, personal injury cases are simply too complex laden with details that have to be thoroughly dealt with right away. There will be medical reports to read and understand, accident reports and photographs to analyze, and eyewitness statements to collect. Only an experienced personal injury attorney knows how to do all of the legwork so that you can focus on healing.
- An Experienced Attorney Will Prevent Errors. When filing an injury claim, there are strict rules and guidelines to follow, as well as legal jargon to know. And every case is unique; we can make sure that you don’t lose out on compensation you deserve due to a clerical error, paperwork problem, loophole, or mere technicality. Personal injury claims can be entirely compromised by minor mistakes, such as accidentally saying something or missing an important deadline. Let us protect you from errors by learning the ins and outs of your case and establishing a legal strategy suited to your needs and unique situation.
- We Can Help You Understand What Your Case is Worth. Even from the initial consultation, a personal injury attorney can help you understand what your case may be worth. Chances are there’s a lot of specific details that are unique to your case, but an experienced lawyer has also likely dealt with countless cases that helps them better assess whether it’s even worth it to pursue legal action. Then, they can help you navigate insurance policies and complex legalities to give you an honest assessment of what you deserve when you’re the victim of someone else’s negligence.
- An Attorney Will Provide You with Objectivity. We understand you’ve been hurt and you’re likely wrought with emotion and stress. But, anger, pain, fear, frustration, and worry can impact your ability to see facts clearly and have reasonable judgement. An attorney is definitely there to fight for you, but they are also able to remain more objective and guide you to make rational decisions. For example, if the medical bills are piling up and a client is stressed from being out of work, they may be quick to reach a settlement when it’s really in their best interest to let us fight for a more appropriate offer. Plus, insurance companies know that a claimant who hires an attorney means business – they are more likely to offer what someone deserves!
- There Is No Cost Unless Your Case is WON. Most personal injury lawyers, like Mike, work for a contingency fee. That means, they don’t get paid unless they obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf. So, if you don’t win your case, you will pay no legal fees and you won’t have to worry about upfront legal costs while you’re contending with other expenses. So, if you decide after an initial (free!) consultation where they review the facts of your case and decide you do have a valid claim to compensation, your lawyer is assuming the risk of taking your case. That also means your victory is important to them so they will put the necessary time and effort into fighting your case like you deserve.
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
We’ll be honest, not every accident truly requires an attorney’s help. However, you should consider speaking to a lawyer immediately (and hopefully before you speak to the insurance companies) when:
- The accident you or a family member were involved in resulted in serious injuries or death.
- You and/or your family have been emotionally impacted by the accident and injuries.
- You have missed work because of the accident and injuries sustained.
- You aren’t sure about the full extent of your injuries or financial losses.
- You are concerned about whether or not the insurer’s settlement offer will cover your losses.
Mike Lyding of Personal Injury Law has more than 49 years of experience handling these types of cases, and they are ready to discuss your case with you. Contact Mike today to get him in your corner.